– Here’s my strategy for the Cold War: ‘We win, they lose’.
– The most terrifying words in the English language are: “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
– The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so
much that isn’t so.
– Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U. S. was too strong.
– I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run
them through the U. S. Congress.
– Government is like a baby: its an alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of
responsibility at the other.
– The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.
– It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking
resemblance to the first.
– Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it; if it keeps moving, regulate it; if it stops moving, subsidize it.
– Politics is not a bad profession; if you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.
– No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
– If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
– RONALD REAGAN