17. Having the right books is far more important than having many books.
18. God’s grace has shined brightest through the suffering of His people.
19. Justification by faith is a bottomless well of grace.
20. The complete humanity and spotless righteousness of Jesus has become more amazing to me.
21. There is no easy way to do a hard task, and ministry is full of hard tasks.
22. The propitiatory work of Jesus on the cross amazes me more and more.
23. The relationship of God’s law to His gospel has implications for every biblical doctrine.
24. Some of the greatest pastors are men who live, serve and die in relative obscurity.
25. Incremental progress is real progress and should not be dismissed.
26. God is far more patient than I could ever have imagined.
27. Forgiveness is one of the sweetest graces both in its giving and receiving.
28. Wherever you see a long pastorate, you can be sure there is an abundant of grace in the congregation.
29. Godly widows and widowers are worthy heroes.
30. The advance of the gospel and the spread of God’s kingdom is a testimony to the power of God’s grace.
31. Raising children is one of the greatest privileges and challenges in human experience.
32. Having adult children is a greater joy and blessing than I ever imagined it would be.
33. Grandchildren rock!
– Tom Ascol